Sunday, December 13, 2009

The invitation

Friday after my second-to-last-ever undergraduate exam I found an email from Peace Corps saying my status had been updated. I logged in and found I'd been invited! Yesterday (the next day) my sister called from home and read me the letter: Costa Rica, March 1, Community Economic Development. WOOHOO!

I've decided to call this blog "Ticonomics," combining "tico" (informal Spanish for "Costa Rican") and Economics. Most of Peace Corps may be talking to community members rather than the math and abstract theories we associate with economics, but economics refers to all the choices we make. I'm hoping to understand economics from my community's point of view and help them develop as they see fit. After all, I am an Economics major!

No comments:

Post a Comment